What I did:
- Logged into the "User Portal";
- Selected the "Voicemail" link at the top left;
- Checked one of the listed voicemails;
- Entered an email address in the field following the "email_to" button;
- Pressed the "email_to" button.
- The email with attached voicemail was delivered, BUT the "from address" was "firstname.lastname@example.org" - not the value configured in the "serveremail" setting in "/etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc".
This came to our attention because the address was not in our whitelist and the emails were not received. We have added "email@example.com" so the immediate problem is fixed.
It would be more consistent and predictable if this feature would either honor the "serveremail" setting from "/etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc" - or provide some other means of adjusting the from address.