We found (2) SERIOUS bugs in the FreePBX Backup & Restore Module (15.0.20) and downgrading to 15.0.18 didn’t solve the problems:
- The Backup & Restore module doesn’t backup the “Outbound Routes” module at all. Yikes - in case of a disaster this would be a horrible surprise.
- While the module Backup & Restore (under the option “module”) allows you to select the backup of the “Queue” module - it does NOT fully work. The backup does NOT backup all the Queue settings. In particular it misses the settings found under “Caller Announcements” / “Periodic Announcements”/ “IVR Break Out Menu” and MAYBE OTHERS. Without testing each field I’m concerned what else might not be getting backed up.
To replicate this issue:
- Create two identical systems
- On system A make a change in Applications/ Queues/Caller Announcements/ Periodic Announcements/ IVR Break Out Menu
- Run the backup on system A
- Then do a restore to system B
- You will see that your change in step #2 above is NOT restored to system B
If you look at the backup log that is created the problem is clear:
- During the process the configuration files are backed up correctly and then there are instruction files created for backing up each of the modules using the backed up files called .json files.
- It looks like the instructions in the queue module .json file are incomplete.
- The .json file instructions created by the backup stops short of restoring the last three parameters from the .conf file.
- See the attached image, parts of the backup are being missed.