Watching a customer system, here is a snapshot of the queue. There are 9 active queue calls, and 10 pending queue callback requests.
7700 has 9 calls (max unlimited) in 'linear' strategy (1412s holdtime, 225s talktime), W:0, C:360, A:271, SL:12.8% within 60s Members: User1 (SIP/4413) (ringinuse disabled) (dynamic) (paused) (in call) (In use) has taken 8 calls (last was 69 secs ago) User2 (SIP/4301) (ringinuse disabled) (dynamic) (paused) (On Hold) has taken 1 calls (last was 342 secs ago) Callers: 1. SIP/xllinf-in-000016ee (wait: 24:48, prio: 0) 2. SIP/xllinf-in-000016f5 (wait: 24:14, prio: 0) 3. SIP/xllinf-in-000016fd (wait: 22:13, prio: 0) 4. SIP/xllinf-in-0000170f (wait: 15:19, prio: 0) 5. SIP/xllinf-in-00001717 (wait: 10:29, prio: 0) 6. SIP/xllinf-in-0000171e (wait: 9:59, prio: 0) 7. SIP/xllinf-in-0000173d (wait: 3:14, prio: 0) 8. SIP/xllinf-in-00001740 (wait: 2:18, prio: 0) 9. SIP/xllinf-in-00001742 (wait: 2:07, prio: 0)
Queue Callback Number Position 7700 30xxxxxx12 13 7700 71xxxxxx31 13 7700 30xxxxxx58 13 7700 33xxxxxx54 12 7700 85xxxxxx31 12 7700 71xxxxxxx5 1 7700 30xxxxxx01 1 7700 93xxxxxx84 5 7700 93xxxxxx54 7 7700 61xxxxxx08 8
I see multiple issues here:
- There are multiple pending callbacks for the same position. I guess it indicates that all the position 13's have equal priority, but it looks confusing, each position should be unique IMO
- How can the Callback positions be higher than the total number of calls in the queue, especially since I know in the above case, that the pending callbacks have been waiting a long time, much longer than the calls currently waiting in the queue.
- When a new call enters the queue, say in the above example in position 10, all the the pending queue callback positions above 10 seem to increment higher.
- When a call is answered from the queue, some of the pending callback positions change position down, and some don't change position.
- I have not witnessed, but user reports that eventually all pending callbacks do occur, it just takes much longer. So in the above example, pending callback 13 will eventually get a callback, but it looks like all new calls into the queue have to stop first.
- Pending callback list does not appear to be sorted by anything logical. It would be nice to have a time column to see when the callback was requested, but failing that sorting ascending by position would work.