Testing on ver. 14 with GXP 2160 with both 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. I assume this applies to all GXP phones running 1.0.9.x. You can't downgrade to 1.0.8.x once you are running 1.0.9.x.
As soon as you upgrade a GXP series phone to 22.214.171.124 the provisioning file format changes. If you specify the protocol as part of the provisioning URL, it will not provision.
Steps to reproduce:
- factory default, manually set provisioning details in phone gui
- phone successfully provisions first time from file cfg<mac>
- phone now has a provisioning url of:
- Force phone to provision again, provisioning fails
- manually delete protocol from provisioning URL and force provision again
- provision works, but URL is wrong again
Same problem if using tftp, prov URLs are written with tftp:// and phone won't accept that. This applies to both the config URL and the firmware URL.